Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 28 - Going to the Sun Road

We spent the evening at the same KOA at which we had stayed the last time we came to Glacier National Park. Once again, the satellite internet connectivity was spotty. However, I was able to use my air card to get on the internet, but I didn't do too much. Of course, the cell phone did not work at all in St. Mary nor in the park.

I know this is going to sound strange, but I was not as impressed with the Going to the Sun Road the second time around. The park is very strange, there is really only one road (the Going to the Sun Road) which goes into the park for any distance at all - and it goes all the way across. There are a lot of hikes one can do in the park - and we did one or two. I continue to be in awe of how man was able to hone that road through the mountains. There is an itunes podcast which you can download to your i- whatever you have - which is great to use as you drive over the mountain. I also found an application on the various national parks, but I was never able to download it.

When we got to West Glacier - cell service kicked in - so I got caught up on telephone calls, Jimmy got caught up on telephone calls, and I cleared all of my emails. We continued on to see the wonderful hotel at West Glacier. I continue to be amazed at the size of the trees used for the pillars in the lobby of the hotel.

I probably don't have near the number of pictures from this trip as from the last, so I'm going to just include the links to the pictures from the last time we were here!!! I know that is cheating, but if you missed them the first time, you can enjoy them this time. And, if I had not told you I was recycling pictures - you would never have known.

Pictures to follow. Some are pictures I took this year, but I am linking the ones from the past trip.

More later.

No comments: